Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kentucky Derby May 1, 2010

It only lasts 2 minutes, but what a 2 minutes it is!!!
Well, "technically" anyway, the fun goes on all weekend and into the summer but as far as I'm concerned, it's ALL ABOUT THE HATS!!
Every day is a 'make it a say something special kind of a hat day' but there's nothing like a day at the races to bring out the best or present an opportunity to those who are a little shy about wearing a hat.
Hopefully, all of the wonderful compliments that wearing a hat invites will encourage these ladies to never leave the house without one!
The Kentucky Derby has never been canceled so, the rain didn't stop any of the fun! [There was some discussion during WWII but it never happened].
The show must go on!
I had SO much fun this year creating just the right hats, to match the perfect for the races outfits, that my passionate, stylish, moxie hat ladies of unequaled coolness chose to wear for this fabulicious event.

This post will be a work in progress as I am still waiting on more photos to be sent in but here are the First Over the Finish Line....

Ginny, wearing her 'Cloud Nine' as she poses for the paparazzi :

" Jackie,
The hat was a hit! Although I saw a few with 2 foot brims (too windy for me).
How's this for a great picture? (Arnold Palmer's not too shabby either, eh?)
G"
 

Hard to resist trying on a beautiful hat!.......
 

Ginny's sister Laura, enjoyed the spotlight too, on herSCENE.com, Louisville's Guide to Style, wearing
Derby Chic. This hat was also included in Treasury East on ETSY as posted April 16.
Pictured here with her very proud [and handsome!] Dad...

 Jeanette, wore a custom version of the 'Cloud Nine' in white with flowers to match her absolutely beautiful dress....
"Jackie-
I thought I would send you a link for our photos from the Derby. As you may have seen , it rained, and poured, and the weather caved in... BUT the show must and did go on and I wore my dress, the hat and the shoes( rubber boots).
It was great and I got many compliments..I would have had more if the sun were shining and I was able to walk the paddock area!!! But here are some pictures attached and then I will send a link of my shots.
Thank you so much for your hard work and for the awesome hate. Kudos and please use the hat in your portfolio.
LOVED IT!!!!!

J"
Check out that smile, could her hubby be any more proud!!!

To Be Continued!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails